Thursday 6 May 2010

Leaves Leaves Everywhere

I've been playing around with leaf patterns this week. I've attempted loads, but they're either too big and complicated or else my stitches never seem to match up with the chain! I really need to work on reading other people's patterns!

Anyway, in the end I've perfected my own, for three slightly different sized leaves, depending on the size of the flower. The patterns are in US (I find that easier)and for the two bigger leaves you work down one side of the chain then round and down the other side. The tiny one is just down one side.

Biggest Leaves pattern:

Chain 10
Miss 2 chains nearest hook
In each chain: 1 sc, 1 hdc, 3dc, 2hdc, 1 sc, 3sc in one st (takes you to the end and round to the other side)
1sc, 2hdc, 3dc, 1hdc, 1sc ss


Middle Leaf Pattern:

Chain 8
Miss 2 chains nearest hook
In each chain: 1sc, 1hdc, 2dc, 1hdc, 1sc, 3sc in one st (takes you to the end and round the other side)
1sc, 1hdc, 2dc, 1hdc, 1sc, ss



Tiny Leaf:

Chain 8
Miss chain nearest hook
In each chain: 1sc, 1hdc, 2dc, 1hdc, 1sc, ss


Hope that's ok... I usually use diagrams to remember patterns so I'm not used to writing it all down!


Here are some pictures with the leaves...


These are the biggest leaves above. The flowers are around 2". http://www.etsy.com/listing/45967275/crochet-bouquet-of-flower-applique-in



These are the tiny leaves. The flowers are 1.75" and 2.5".

No comments:

Post a Comment