Saturday 1 May 2010

My First Blog

Well, the 1st May seems like a good day to start my blog!

I was going to say it's a beautiful sunny day here in York, but it's just started raining, how typical!

So, a few months ago I decided to teach myself to crochet! I'm pregnant with my third baby and am supposed to be resting (difficult with a 6 year old and a 4 year old!) due to SPD, so crochet seemed like the perfect way to keep my fingers busy while resting my legs!

I started off, rather ambitiously, with a baby blanket! Granny squares are fab to make and I found a really good pattern with tutorial to follow. I've now finished all the squares I need, but am yet to find the patience to crochet them all together! Here's a few squares... our pram is red so hopefully it'll match... and I'd better get round to finishing soon... only 9 weeks to go!!






I've now found a love of crochet flowers! They are so quick and easy to make and look so cute! My daughter now has flower applique on her jeans and bags and has flower and heart hairclips and bobbles!


So, that's me for now. The washing is soggy on the line, I've mug of hot chocolate, and I'm about to crochet a lovely big pink flower to go with the smaller ones while I've got the house to myself... very May Bank Holiday....!

** Just editing to add a link to the granny square instructions I followed for my blanket. Thank you to Lucy at attic24!

No comments:

Post a Comment